As we welcome the new year, it’s time to reflect on the exceptional individuals and groups whose selfless contributions enrich the fabric of our community. The Mayor and Regional Council have announced the opening of nominations for the 2024 Volunteer Awards—an annual tribute to those who go above and beyond in giving back to our beloved municipality.
The awards are divided into three categories:
- Youth Volunteers: Celebrating the energy and dedication of our young community members.
- Adult Volunteers: Honoring individuals whose commitment leaves a lasting impact.
- Outstanding Volunteer Groups: Recognizing the collective efforts of groups making a significant difference.
You can download the form or complete nominate online. Please select the appropriate form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 11, 2024.
Behind every nomination is a heartfelt story of kindness, dedication, and community spirit. By taking a moment to recognize these remarkable individuals and groups, we not only express our appreciation but also inspire others to contribute to the betterment of our community.
Provide as much information on your nominee(s) as possible. If you require any clarification or to find out if nominees have received the award in the past, please contact Darren Hirtle at 902-476-1184.
Award Selection Process
- All nominations are scored.
- Awards are allotted in each of the municipality’s 16 electoral districts.
- All nominees and award recipients are presented to the Executive Standing Committee and to Regional Council for final approval.
- Successful nominees will be invited to attend a ceremony and reception in April with the Mayor and Regional Council to receive their award.
- The top 97 (adult and/or youth) volunteers will receive an award.
- The top 10 scoring volunteers will be put forward to receive a provincial award.
- The top scoring nominee will be the municipality’s Volunteer of the Year.
- Nominators will receive a letter in March informing them of the status of their nominee.
Nominations that are unclear, inaccurate, late or do not comply with the criteria may not be accepted or could negatively impact your volunteer’s score.