28 Nov The Halifax Shoebox Project
The Halifax Shoebox Project has a goal of providing 1200 shoeboxes to women living in shelters this holiday season, and we want to help them reach that goal!
People can donate by filling a shoebox with things from a list of suggested items and dropping them off at my office – 3845 Joseph Howe Drive, Suite 203, Halifax, NS, B3L 4H9 – until Dec. 3.
If you want to make a donation item and aren’t sure what’s needed, here are some suggested items:
- Something warm: socks, mitts, scarf, hat, hand warmers
- Something sweet: nut-free chocolate and candy (not alcohol-filled)
- Cough drops, multivitamins
- Body or hand lotion, soaps, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Brush, comb, shampoo, conditioner
- Nail polish, mascara, eye shadow, lipstick, lip balm
- Purse-sized tissues, small cosmetic bag
- Gift cards (Tim Hortons, Shoppers, McDonalds, etc. Please write the amount on the card or include the receipt)
- Bus tickets
- Journals, colouring books, pens, coloured pencils
- Supportive message